This qualification is aimed at learners already working or preparing to work in industry that is identified within the Company’s risk assessment of First Aid as being lower risk.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that First Aid is the responsibility of everyone involved in the working environment. Its topics are regarded by the Health & Safety Executive as being important to maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace.
Guided Learning Hours : 10
This qualification is made up of one mandatory unit. Learners must successfully complete the assessment for this unit to achieve the qualification.
- Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of an emergency first aider
- Know how to assess an incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty that is choking
- Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Understand how to manage a casualty with minor injury
How this qualification is assessed
This qualification is assessed through practical and oral questioning through the duration of the course by the tutor. Learners must practically demonstrate the application of the correct techniques in all the First Aid areas indicated within the learning outcomes of the unit.
Following the assessment, a list of results will be provided to the examination board stating whether learners have passed or failed.