Candidates must be over 18
Candidates must be 18 + to apply for the CCTV Operations Course, this is due to the strict regulation put in place by the SIA
Who’s the course for?
The course is intended for people wanting to working in the private security industry as CCTV operators. It covers those areas of content that are common across different sub-sectors at Level 2: Door Supervision, Security Guarding, CCTV Operations, Vehicle Immobilisation; and Cash and Valuables in Transit.
What does the CCTV Operations Course include?
The CCTV Operations Course is spread over three units, Working in the Private, Security Industry, Working as a CCTV Operator and Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment.
How long does the course take?
The course takes a total of 3 days to complete. Each day running from 9:00am to 6:30pm.
Is there an examination?
Yes. On the final day of the course you will sit two multiple choice examinations. Module 1 & 2: 40 multiple choice questions each with duration of 1 hour each. Module 3 – Practical exam demonstrating the use of the CCTV system
No Pass No Exam Fee
We have a policy of NO PASS – NO EXAM FEE so if you do not pass there is no charge for re-takes. Our pass rate is over 95%.
Training for Employment will help you apply for the SIA badge which costs additional £220 which is paid directly to the Security Industry Authority (SIA). If it’s the second badge you are applying for it will be ½ price £110.
Once you obtain your SIA badge we will assist you in finding employment.
Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the purpose and main features of private security industry
- Understand the legislation that is relevant to people working in the private security industry
- Understand relevant aspects of health and safety in the workplace.
- Know how to apply principles of fire safety
- Know how to deal with non-fire-related workplace emergencies
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry
Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
- Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system
- Understand how to make effective use of CCTV equipment
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
- Understand Health and Safety relevant to CCTV operator
Unit 3: Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment
- Be able to operate CCTV equipment
- Be able to demonstrate operational use of a CCTV system
This course is held over 3 days from 9:00am til 5.00pm
- Training fee
- Examination fee
- CCTV practical assessment via real life scenarios